CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Basket On A Budget

I normally don't do easter baskets for co-workers but with all the great deals I have been scoring at Walgreens and CVS I started wondering if it was possible to do a basket with very little money. So I will break it down per item in the basket and give the total at the end of what each basket cost me.
Basket- Free! (Used E.C.B.* to purchase it)
Grass - $0.25 (Two baskets had the 0.25 grass and two had grass that I got free)
Peeps - $0.39
Popcorn Egg - $0.39
Strident Gum - $0.62
Pencil - $0.20
Cup - $0.21
3 Plastic Eggs - $0.18 ($0.06 each)
Candy in Eggs - $0.15 (M&M's, Jelly Beans, and Hershey Kisses)

Total with $0.25 grass $2.39
Total with free grass: $2.14
4 Baskets: $9.06

I think a little over $2.00 a basket is not bad and each person has a variety of things in their basket. I could have made it a little less per basket if I would have divided up the peeps between baskets and only bought two packages. By buying things that I use and earning extra care bucks at C.V.S. I was able to use them on getting baskets and grass that in turn gave me back the E.C.B. that I just used to purchase them and allowing me to buy something else in the future with very little O.O.P. I will be posting this weekend the cost of doing my son's basket and I think with some savy buying I was able to cut the cost of his basket down as well.


*E.C.B. - Extra Care Bucks (Earned at CVS)

0 comments: