CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 7, 2007

What Can Happen In A Year

What can happen in one year? Well a lot apperently after the year I have had. A year ago today my marriage or whatever you want to call it was ended for good and at that time I swore I would never make it but not only did I make it, I thrived and grew stronger. I look in the mirror and don't recognize the woman that stands before me. If the girl a year ago would appear I would tell her to have faith, it's going to be ok. I not only was able to manage to pay the bills but I now have a car that is in my name and so much more. I was able to give my son a great Christmas that he will remember forever not for the amount of presents but for the tree and decorations I was able to purchase and display that when he saw them his eyes would light up. I am 4 days away from obtaining my associates and moving to Houston. I also realized that my marriage wasn't meant to be and even though I lost a husband, I got a best friend out of the deal. I don't live with the constant fights anymore and now I can talk to him without grinding my teeth and wishing he would just disappear. Sometimes we don't know whats best for us until its presented to us. A year ago if you would have told me my marriage ending was the best thing for me I would have told you, you were nuts but now a year later it was the best thing for me. I remember a year ago feeling that my heart was being ripped out but thanks to great friends it is slowly being put together and I know a year from now I will be an even better person than I am today.

4 comments:

Velda said...

WOW I'm so proud of you, you have NO idea!!!!!I'm glad that you and "G" are still friends and that life is treating you well. I had no doubt you could do it, but the sad times you had were just terrible for you, I know. (((Huge hugs))) to you and keep on smiling that beautiful smile. YOU did this for yourself, and for that YOU must be very very proud!

_ said...

(((Hugs))) sweetie! YOu should be so proud of yourself for all that you've accomplished this past year. Like you said, you never know what's best for us until it's presented to us. Good luck with your upcoming graduation and move. I hope the year brings you nothing but happiness.

Margaret said...

You have every right to be very proud indeed! You've gone through so many changes, and have come out so much happier and stronger. Wishing you great joy and new adventures (and not so much stress!!!) in the coming year.

Tina said...

I have tagged you hon on my blog. :)